Monday, February 4, 2013

Tuesday and Wednesday

I am very honored to be part of the search committee for John Eliot School's  future principal. As a member of that committee, I will be going on site visits to visit each candidate's school to learn more about each candidate from their colleagues, faculty and staff. Your child may have shared with you (or complained to you :o) that I will not be in the classroom tomorrow or Wednesday.

Although it is unfortunate that the committee takes me out of the classroom, I consider it to be worth it. Please know that I worked very hard to be sure that all experiences and activities the children will do with their guest teacher are rich and valuable. I took advantage of this time to squeeze in some work that we haven't had time for when I've been in the classroom. I know your child will learn lots despite my absence.

I'm sure you are looking forward to the superintendent's announcement about our new leader as much as I am.

Thanks for your understanding.

:o)Melanie

No comments: