Sunday, February 3, 2013

Challenge #2

Each weekend I plan to post a new "trivia" challenge. (I know I started a math problem solving challenge a while ago, but I have a book full of these, so I hope to be more consistent... :o)The challenge will include a list of clues listed from most general to most specific. The object is to investigate each clue using resource books and/or the internet and to combine the information to arrive at the correct solution to the puzzle. Each child can work independently or together with family members to complete the research.

The challenges help enhance logical thinking, deductive reasong and problem solving abilities. Mostly I hope you have fun learning together! Good luck! I will post the answers on Friday.

Challenge #2

Subject Area: Art

*This genre flourished among 17th century Dutch painters; the term originated in the Dutch language as "and."
*This art often adorned ancient Egyptian tombs, and Paul Cezanne made it famous with his Apples and Peaches.
*These paintings give the artist freedom in the arrangement of the design elements within a composition.
*It is a work of art depicting inanimate objects such as pottery, flowers or fruit arranged in a pleasing way.

No comments: