Friday, December 4, 2009

Thank you!

Dear parents,

This small note could never do justice for how thankful I am to have had the opportunity to work with your children over the past three months. I could not have asked for a better group of students to assist in making my practicum experience so meaningful and memorable. Their enthusiasm for learning, willingness to accept challenges and endless quest to further their knowledge inspired me every day to become a better teacher, and for that I am forever grateful.

I, much like your own children, am extremely fortunate to have had the opportunity to learn from one of the best teachers the Needham school district has to offer. I observed many elementary school teachers throughout my undergraduate career, yet I have never encountered a teacher as enthusiastic and devoted to their students as Melanie is. Your children are so lucky to have such an incredible teacher; she wants nothing but the best for them and will do whatever it takes to help them succeed. The growth I've achieved over the past few months can be largely attributed to Melanie and her incredible ability to teach and inspire. Much like what she does with your children every day, she pushed me to become the best teacher I could be.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing your amazing children with me. Many years from now I will look back and still remember the nineteen students who were with me at the beginning of my journey and helped me to realize just how much I love teaching. Room 221 will always have a special place in my heart. :o)

Meaghan

1 comment:

Kathy Lesanto said...

Meaghan,
Thank you for all of your many hours of hard work and dedication to the class the last several months - I know for a fact that Nick enjoyed your being in the classroom and will miss you. We wish you the best of luck in the future, and maybe we'll even see you back at Eliot!!!